Wednesday 30 March 2011

The World is Alive with the Sound of Crafting

I had been longing to get back into crafting action and I decided that a trip to my favorite store was in order.  Watch out Michaels, here I come and I have no children to hold me back.  Plus, because I registered with Michaels.com I receive emailed coupons...soooo I had a coupon for 25% off your entire purchase INCLUDING sale items.  Those of you that frequent Michaels know that usually the coupons are for 40% one item (not including sale items, clearance, etc) so you can imagine my euphoria.   

After loading up on clay for my upcoming project (Isabella's babies), I began wandering the aisles of Michaels.  Something I had wanted to do was decorate those wreaths, those ones that look like they are made out of branches...when...what to my wandering eye should appear.... I discovered that they are on sale for $3.99!!!!  Less 25% as well?!?! I decided now was the time to venture into this endeavour.  But how would I decorate it....I had never done this before. 

Seeing how I do not have much money and considering my budget for things like this is largely funded by frequenting the bottle depot, I would have to devise something that would look great....but cost next to nothing to make.  Challenge accepted.

Across the parking lot is my second favorite store...Dollarama!  Dollarama has an amazing selection of floral pieces and decorations and they are $1.00 a piece.  Sure, there are a few that look a little...special....but for the most part, most of the flowers there are really cute.  I picked up a few extra bits and bobs to add to the wreaths while I was there.  I have been messing with it for two nights now between running up and down the stairs for the little princess who appears to be teething perpetually....so...tired....

Anyhoo, back to the wreath, here is a picture of the wreath before decorating:


I purchased two of them and I have to say...they turned out GREAT! 

I bet you are wondering what the total cost to make a wreath was?  Be sure to read tomorrow to see the pictures of the final products (and I will tell you the cost) and you can judge for yourself!

Oh, and don't forget to get back on those coupon sites....P & G Brandsaver just added a ton!  So much that they wouldn't let me get all the ones I wanted because you can only get 32 coupons at a time....NO FAIR!!!  Websaver.ca also added some, but I don't think Save.ca did.

Happy couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment