Friday 25 March 2011

The Superstore (what was I thinking)?

I awoke the other day with a new ambition...to brave it to the Superstore.  This gave me a chance to buy my son a "Rescue Squad Mater" which was on sale, but also to check out the Superstore in my neck of the woods.  I have been tainted by horrible memories of the Superstore in North East Calgary and the prospect of venturing willingly into my most hated place seemed almost overpowering...but the prospect of getting the toy and scoping out the prices allured me slightly more.  I decided to venture forward with my plan.

I should have known things would be difficult taking the kids but I figured it was bearable.  I stopped at the coupon wall and was quite tickled to find a variety of coupons for all sorts of great items.  I could tell this trip could cost me, but at the same time, Superstore is also a location that will accept the double coupons and I wanted to try this for myself!

Venturing through the Superstore takes time and a great deal of patience.  If I did not have the kids with me, particularly the boy following me around going are we done?? and how much longer?? and my personal favorite does anyone know that I'm ready to go home now??,  I might have noticed the catch with the Superstore earlier.  

While it appeared to me that they really did seem to have some great in-store specials on and I used a ton of coupons and got to double coupon on one item...I couldnt help but feel ripped off slightly.   I looked at the receipt.  Sure enough, items were priced way higher than they should be.  So I wandered back through the store later to verify and there was things like Mr. Noodles for $0.22 but if you read the teeny tiny printing beside it,  it says "when you buy multiples of 36"....who the hell buys 36 packs of Mr. Noodles???? So if you need multiples of an item, there is the definite chance to save there....but make sure you ALWAYS read the fine print....also...don't take the kids...and bring your own bags.  I totally forgot mine. 

Oh AND don't forget the scanning code I discussed in my previous blog because sure enough, those bastards scanned two items wrong and they came up at $9.99 when they were tagged on the shelf at $6.99.  Technically I should have received one of them free and received the discount on the other item...BUT they refused to do that based on some BS.  Well, thats what I got out of it...but I am debating on contacting the 1-866 number I previously referenced to get their input...I'm curious, but I am wondering if I am that cheap.  They did refund a portion of the money...but I want the satisfaction of sticking it to the man.

Nevertheless, here are some of the deals I made off with using in store sales with coupons:

Hamburger Helper (don't judge me!!) - $1.66 box has a coupon attached for $3.00 off the purchase of ground beef, nice!

Club Pack Yogurt Tubes - $6.66 (making them $2.22 per box!)

Jarlsburg Cheese - $5.99

Covergirl Compact - $5.99

Lóreal Makeup - I was able to double coupon to get $4.00 off!

Two free 2lb Strawberries - value of $7.76

Rice Krispie Squares box - $1.24

And there were loads of great in-store deals, the lines to pay were INSANE.  Would I go to Superstore again you ask?  Sure.  Great deals for bulk purchases.  Great chances to double coupon.  Would I bring the kids again?  NEVER.  You cannot make me.  I will not do it.  I will would rather venture out in the cold when the gang is asleep so I can take my time and scope things out...we will see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment