Thursday 17 March 2011

Double Couponing in Canada eh?!

My mom let me know that there was a story on Global News Calgary about double couponing, but I searched the website and I cannot find that particular story, so I did a LOT of researching and thus far this is what I have come up with.

In the west, London Drugs will accept double coupons but only if you have two DIFFERENT coupons for the same product.  For instance, I have two $3 off coupons for Lóreal Hair dye.  One is from brandsaver.ca and the other is an actual coupon I found in the store.  In this instance I would be able to use the coupons to double coupon (or stack) them against the products, but if I had two coupons from brandsaver.ca I wouldnt be allowed to use them. An easy way to tell is to check each coupon's bar code, usually in the lower right corner, and if it has the same number, you will not be able to use it.  If the bar code numbers are different then you can use it to stack the coupons to get the savings.

The other store that appears to do something similar is Superstore.  I know...I know....going to Superstore is like going to hell.  Bagging your own groceries.  The chaos!  Screaming children everywhere....but apparently the potential to double coupon could be incentive for some to go there (just don't forget to bring your own bags!!!).

From what I have read, in order to double coupon at Superstore you can use one of your own manufacturer's coupons and one of their in-store coupons that are located at the main entrance on that giant board when you come in.  This way you can still achieve double coupons but it has to be in conjunction with one of their own coupons as well.

I'm still researching this topic and will see what I can come up with!  If the policy for double coupons (for the stores that actually do this) is for all of the coupons to be from different sources I think that would be kind of tricky to do.  I sorted through all my coupons to see what ones I have doubles of and I can only double coupon on the one product...hair dye.  Nothing else.  When it comes to double savings, Superstore might be the place to go so long as they are having specials on the same items as you have coupons for....is it worth it to venture to the Superstore to check this out...I'm not sure...you be the judge!

No comments:

Post a Comment