Wednesday 23 March 2011

Random Musings about Treehouse shows (warning...this rant is not politically correct by any means and is PG13!!!)

Oh life.  One day I am hobnobbing with my work buddies and having LOADS of people to talk to and the next I am couped up in the house daily during the winter that will NEVER END!!!  I saw grass in Calgary on the weekend.  I am beginning to think the only grass we will see in Edmonton is the kind of grass that comes in a baggie.

Nevertheless, I enjoy parenthood.  Sometimes.   I mean.  Lets be honest.  It certainly isnt the most glamourous job I have ever had.  No one at the office ever asked me to wipe their ass...well, at least not literally.  No one at the office ever peed on my floor, deficated on my floor or projectile vomitted on me.  I do find some of the things we do here enjoyable though.  However, ones mind tends to wander while watching hours upon hours of mindless thought numbing shows on Treehouse all day.  Shows like Dora, Diego, Yo Gabba Gabba, Max and Ruby...and so much more.  Here are the musings of my mind during a day of Treehouse TV.  Enjoy...

Max & Ruby - A lovely cartoon about people sized bunnies that appears to take place in the 1950s.  Perhaps when 2012 happens the giant talking bunnies will be the next up to take over the world...who knows!?!  Max appears to have some sort of developmental disorder where he only says one word per episode.  Ruby, who has more patience than Job, never gets angry with Max even when he is clearly acting like an idiot.  Does anyone else wonder where their parents are??!!  Gramma lives down the street since she can't handle living in the house with these two.  If Ruby acted like any normal sister, Max would have been skewered or stewed by now.

Yo! Gabba Gabba - Here's a show with a giant DJ who is some sort of puppet master of odd looking critters who sing songs and dance with the likes of many a washed up celebrity such as Jack Black, Elijah Wood (you know..the Hobbit guy) and Sarah Silverman.  I think you need to need to be high or drunk to have anything to do with this show....the bright colours, the giant puppets...tripppppyyy.  They should see if Charlie Sheen is available for a guest appearance.  Perhaps his F-18s could deploy his ordinance to Yo! Gabba Gabba for an hour. 

The Cat in the Hat (Knows a Lot About That) - Martin Short...great.  Good voice work.  Buuuuutttt....Am I the only one that wonders about this show?   I mean, a boy and girl playing alone and then poof a giant cat is there trying to convince them to go with him to Kalamazoo Forest to meet Busy Bear Balloo...."Your mother will not mind at all if you do".  Um.  Is he trying to convince these children to go into the forest with him without asking their mom....can you say pervert??  12 years without the possibility of parole for sex offences???  The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!  To the thingamawhizzer!

The thing I wonder most about the shows on Treehouse is where the deliniation is made between which animals can talk and which ones can't.  Why is it that on Franklin all the animals can talk....but when he went to get a pet he could get a fish...or a cat...or a dog...or a hamster...cuz those don't talk.  Why is Franklin called "Franklin"? All the rest of his friends are named by species.  Bear.  Goose.  Beaver.  Franklin should be named Turtle.  That would make more sense.

Don't even get me started about Toopy and Binoo and the Wiggles.  Time to change the channel to Teletoon Retro??  Oh no its not....oh YES it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment