Wednesday 16 March 2011

Much Ado About Couponing!

Many of you have now taken the time to check the sites I recommended on my previous blog entry. For the past few days I have received even more coupon bundles in the mail, reminding me that its time to discuss more places for you to check for MORE SAVINGS!

Remember, the coupons I am getting arent even junk coupons, they are coupons I selected personally for items I will use (remember my goal is to not amass a stock pile!). Prior to receiving this bundle of coupons I had over $90.00 in savings in my coupon bundle with very few duplicate coupons for everything ranging from grocery items to makeup items. I even have coupons for hair dye and when you need two boxes of hair dye to cover your head, two $3.00 coupons are definitely handy. You just wait for the dye to go on sale and then pounce like a wild jungle cat catching it's first meal of the day.

Lets begin....

Firstly, below are two additional sites that you can use to have coupons selected and mailed to your house:

 www.save.ca/livewell - this is an additional site on TOP of save.ca, which I just discovered


www.gocoupons.ca - the coupons arent always great, but its a good place to check and there are loads of toilet paper coupons there!
Once again I will reiterate the NEED for a coupon organizer if you want to be serious about saving money. I didnt think I would need one...but then the coupons were brimming out of my purse...getting crumpled...irritating the crap out of me. The organizer keeps me sane and it will keep you sane as well so you arent THAT person at the cash register digging through your purse and pockets looking for your pile of coupons only to find out they expired last month. Don't be that person. Nobody likes that person.

Next I will point you in the direction of interesting sites to check out to see if you can scope out any other good deals. You have to really check things out on these sites though because they often have coupons that are not valid or need to be printed on your printer.

 www.coupons.redflagdeals.com

 www.smartcanucks.ca - has everything from forums to coupons, to freebies. Just beware. Not all freebies come. Try to be careful who you are giving your information to or your email inbox will be over run with junk mail!

Also of note, when checking on these other sites, many of them have coupons that link you right to the sites that were on my previous blog (save.ca, brandsaver.ca and websaver.ca). If you have already ordered certain coupons you are not eligible to re-order them again for a certain period of time but they will usually indicate the number of days before you can re-order the coupons.

If you do not get your flyers delivered to you (and even if you do), two great resources to check for flyers are
www.flyerland.ca and www.flyerscoupons.ca which lists out every store imaginable and the coupons/deals associated with that store.


If you are into getting daily deals, check www.groupon.com which helps you "enjoy your city at 50-90% off."
 
 Lastly I will recommend www.canadianfreestuff.com, which also has loads of information on getting freebies, as well as additional coupons that we might not otherwise be aware of.
As an aside and worthy of mentioning, Websaver.ca (mentioned in my previous blog entry) donates 5 cents from every coupon redeemed to Breakfast for Learning. Saving money and helping children in need is a win-win for everyone involved!

What are you waiting for??? Happy hunting my bargain shoppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment