Friday 1 April 2011

The final result!

First, I will apologize....I wanted to post this blog last night but my 14 year old son wouldn't get off the computer.  And by 14 year old son, I mean my husband.  Here he sits...every night...Gollum like....gazing all at the computer screen, playing his Age of Empires game online....all you can hear is him clicking non-stop.  I have coined the term "Gamer's Eye" from looking at him when he comes down the stairs...eyes completely blood shot whining about how he lost the treaty match and how his teammates are a bunch of stupid bastards that MADE them lose.  But...lets get to the good stuff.  The unvealing of the cheap to make decorations!

Drum roll Please...........


Now, bear in mind its a bit smooshed and slightly crooked since its on the floor, but I say....NOT TOO SHABBY.  I have never done this before, but if you have a creative eye...this could be a great project to take a stab at.  Cost to make this....under $10.  Can you believe it?!?!?  The wreath was $3.99 (less 25% for my coupon) and all the flowers came from flower bunches (for a buck a bunch) that I just cut with pliers and glued into place with All Tack (which was also on sale at Michaels for $1.99).

Now for wreath #2...



Once again, its sitting on a slight angle...but I just used pretty much the same flowers I used on the other wreath (thereby cutting costs again, but still noting that the flowers only cost a dollar a stem....did I mention they were a dollar a stem???  The butterflies are also from Dollarama and clip on...so you could even remove them and use them again.  Once again, this was less than $10.00 to make. 

I found a bunny a friend of mine had given me and voila....




They go from Spring wreaths to Easter wreaths and that didnt cost a thing.  The bunny can be wired on or even just placed on depending on where you hang your wreath. 

Now I must go....my tiny break of computer time is over...supper is burning and children are cranky...yeah....when I say children I include the husband in that group as well.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment