Saturday 16 April 2011

The Newest Mission

I have elected to dub this mission Operation Stealth Panda Crouching Coupon (or SPCC)

SPCC will see me try to find out about the Giant Tiger store.  Have you heard of them?  Me neither until recently, but according to my flyer they are all over the place, even in Calgary (and other cities too).  When I told my hubby I wanted to go there he turned up his nose and refused to go there like I used to do to my parents when they told me they wanted to get me clothes from Kmart.  So, it appears the girl child and I will go on this mission tomorrow.  The reason?  I have learned that Giant Tiger will honour coupons that exceed the amount of the product...for example....a tooth brush is $0.88 but I have a coupon for $2.00, Giant Tiger will allow me to use that coupon still!  Plus they sent me a coupon for joining their eNewsletter thing on their website that I can print and use in their store....which I won't though because its for clothes and this mission does not have time or money for no stinking clothes.  This mission is strictly to see what I can assess about this store and whether I can come away with an item (or items) without paying a dime (since I barely have any dimes to pay with!).

Provided we do not get a ton of snow and there is no complications, this mission will be a-go for tomorrow.  Watch for my blog about the success or failure of this mission as this will be my first trip to a Giant Tiger ever...in my head it reminds me of a SAAN store...but I have no idea...curiousity...fear...wondering...I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment