Tuesday 5 April 2011

A Great Day in Coupon Land!

Ok...I will admit it.  It was me that took a few extra coupons for hair dye from the pad of coupons in the store....it was only two or three extra (or five or six), but the point is this.....now I have tons of hair dye coupons and when you have to use two bottles of hair dye, this can add up real quick! 

Today's mail was heavy laden with coupon delight and lo and behold....there was coupons for the same hair dye that already had the coupons for that I confiscated from the grocery store.  Do you realize what this means???  DOUBLE COUPON TIME!!!!  You will remember from my previous blog that you can double coupon at London Drugs and I know this particular hair dye goes on sale for $9.99 all the time...and with double coupons that would work out to $2.99 a box!  SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!  I can hardly contain my excitement.

I'm still euphoric from my deals that I got on the weekend such as Nature Valley Granola bars (you know, those real good ones) that were on sale, and I used a dollar off coupon on top of that so I got them for $1.32 a box!  Regularly, these granola bars average close to $4.00 per box!  I felt marginally victorious.  Then...came the meat section!  I had a coupon for $3.00 off the purchase of ground beef with the purchase of Hamburger Helper and sure enough I had a $1.00 off coupon for the Hamburger Helper which was also on sale for $1.99.  The ground beef was $3.22.  So...I got a package of ground beef for $0.22!!!!!!  (and the Hamburger Helper was only $0.99).  I had to call someone to tell them.  I called my mother.  When I told her that I got hamburger for $0.22 she immediately sounded as though a horrible smell had wafted into the room and she said "ohhh.....what's wrong with it???"....dear mother...she just doesn't understand.  I phoned a fellow converted couponer my good friend Natalie to revel in my glory.  She too had a great shopping trip this weekend and picked up quite a few good deals at the Superstore.  Nice!!!

There are loads of savings to be had if you are making sure you purchase your items already on sale and with your coupons on top of the sale price...AND make sure you are checking in the grocery store for coupons.  Just this weekend I picked up coupons for Real Fruit gummies and Gillette deodorant on the coupon stands within the store.

Watch for my newest segment for the weekends (posted by Saturdays for sure) where I will go through the flyers to find the greatest deals for you!  Saves the guess work!  All you need to do is go, find and SAVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment