Saturday 30 April 2011

Another Weekend of Savings!

It was definitely an eventful week and of course, I tried to get on the computer sooner to blog about the deals and how to use your coupons to your full advantage...but here I am again....running late...but not too late!  This week in deals is not as great as last week....this weeks shopping trip was not nearly as great as last weeks either since I was followed around the store listening to the boy crash his mini cart into everything imaginable while chanting choruses of "Can we get this?" followed by the longest whine ever "Whhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"......that was in every aisle...over every single thing....ugh.  By the time we paid I am pretty sure I sounded demonic or psychotic...or perhaps a combination of both.  No more bringing bored boy to grocery store.

Oh, before I go into the deals, I will just mention this once again.  I braved it to the Superstore during off hours (weekday afternoon when there is less people traffic and more room to roam) to check out any deals and there was a good one!  Gillette Deodorant was buy 2 for $5....and there was a couple coupons on the wall to save $1.00 and I had several coupons of my own to save $1.00....and you can double coupon....so that was two men's Gillette Deodorants for $1.00 (or $0.50 each)!  Cant beat that if you don't want your hunny smelling funky.  However, yet again those rat bastards tried to rip me off charging me full price (again!!!!).  Of course I didnt realize this until I got to the car so I had to haul the kids back in and get it adjusted.  Once again I argued Code of Conduct and once again I was rebuffed.  Also, once again I did not argue.  I really need to be one of THOSE people....but I just can't find it in myself!  I did get back the difference though and ultimately that is what I needed to do anyways, so I left the store feeling somewhat vindicated.  But again this is a lesson.  I have only been to Superstore TWICE since starting this blog and both times have resulted in errors in the scanning at the cash register (and both times I didnt notice until I left the store...at least this time I realized in the parking lot).  These errors are probably costing customers a TON of money and making the Superstore rich off people just believing it is accurate.  It isn't (it happened again today at Sobey's too...luckily I was onto them).  Keep a good watch if you can.  Sure, you may look a little stupid and feel like you're a bit creepy, but if you're anything like me, that extra money is needed elsewhere.

Here's a few of the good deals...starting with my pick of the week for stores:

SHOPPERS DRUG MART

Timed specials Sunday and Monday only:

Royale Toilet Paper - $5.77 - $1.00 off coupon = $4.77
Fructis Styling Products $3.99 - $1.00 off coupon = $2.99
Sunlight Laundry Detergent $3.99 - $1.00 off coupon = $2.99
Duracell AA batteries (20 Pack) - $9.99 - $0.75 off coupon = $9.24

All Week Specials

Pampers and Huggies Diapers - $9.99 (WHAT?!?!?!) - $3.00 off coupon = $6.99!  OHHHH YYEEEAAAHH!   That's the deal of the week for sure. 
Colgate 360 Toothbrush - $2.99 - $1.50 off coupon
Aerius Allergy Medicine = $16.99 - $2.00 off coupon = $14.99
Gillette Fusion Razor = $12.99 - $2.00 off coupon = $10.99
Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner (two for $5) -  buy two save $2 coupon = two bottles for $3

I'm reviewing my list here and I notice that the deals this week are really quite pathetic following the buy one get one mania of last week!  The only other deals worth mentioning is buy one get one Yoplait Yogurt at Safeway and if you live near a Save-On Foods you can redeem 400 points to get Sunlight Dish Detergent for $1.25 - $1.00 off coupon = $0.25 for a bottle of dish soap!  Also, its 15% off Tuesday at Save-On Foods this Tuesday (and its also 10% Tuesday at Sobey's) so you can snap up additional savings then as well!

The rest of the deals are too lame to mention.  Lets hope there are better deals for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment