Sunday 17 April 2011

Giant Tiger Sized Disappointment

As planned I went on my mission today to view my first Giant Tiger....wow.  I wasn't sure what to expect when I arrived there, but I felt euphoric nonetheless.  I began to view the store and realized that there is a reason they call it a "Discount Store"....while they did email me that coupon for $5.00 off a purchase of chidren's fashions or footwear, I would probably not get much else from there!  I decided to tour the entire store for the overview...and let me tell you....they have a grocery section that I am not sure I would want to buy anything from unless it was boxed or canned.  Their meat was in storage units that looked similar to those freezers you get popsicles out of at 7-11...only without any sliding glass doors on the top.....it was bizarre and the store I went to was having a grand opening...I can't imagine what it would be like if it had been there for years....probably pretty gross!

I searched top to bottom and the only thing I found that I could coupon on (and did) was a bottle of Sunlight Laundry Detergent, which normally retails for $6.97, but was on sale for $3.47 and I had a dollar off coupon so I was able to get the detergent for $2.47, which is a damn good price for laundry detergent.  Also, I decided I WOULD use the coupon and get the kids a couple different items.  The clothes are pretty decently priced and some of them were really cute.  I was able to get the boy two hoodies and used the coupon which enabled me to get him a cute shirt for $0.97.

Having said that, I had to hover over the cashier and tell her all the items that were on sale as nothing that was on sale seemed to scan in.  The manager seemed a bit frustrated by the fact that I was correcting the prices but I didn't care.  I got the impression that the signs for the items that were on sale were up in the store when they werent supposed to be.  I suppose I could have bought the items and then later complained that the posted prices were cheaper (Code of Scanning) and then got the items for free.  Damn it.  Why am I only thinking of this now???? 

Well this visit to Giant Tiger was a definite BUST but I was able to get a few items inexpensively.  I will keep viewing their flyers, but I highly doubt I will be going out of my way to pay Giant Tiger a visit anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment