Tuesday 31 May 2011

Its the Winds....Of Coupons...

Funny thing.  Just when finances are going down the crapper I discover coupons.  What's even funnier is that I've been having Garage Sales for a couple weekends in a row to make some extra money and what do you know...this crazy wind is blowing everyone's garbage on to my lawn.  Sure enough....the garbage blowing onto my lawn was actually really old Smart Source Flyers!  That's right.  The winds of coupons have bestowed their goodness upon me and boy were they bountiful!  Two coupons for $10.00 off Multibionta vitamins blew my way.  These vitamins retail at $15.99 or so for one bottle AND Shoppers had them on sale for $11.99 this past weekend.  With my coupons I was able to get them for $1.99 per bottle.

But that was my weekend high.  Reality set in today when everyone and their dog wanted a piece of my maternity leave benefit pie and there is precious little to spread around.  I did what any good hard working gal with no cash would do.  I hit the bottle depot.  I have found an incredible, clean, nice bottle depot that doesnt smell tooooo bad which is nice!  I was able to procure $14 from that. 

Afterwards I returned home.  It was crazy windy and I joked about how maybe the Coupon Gods would blow additional coupons my way today.  I went into the backyard to play soccer with the boy and...what....what's this....more coupons!  Sweet!  It inspired me to stop feeling sorry for myself and go on an outting with change (no bills or debit cards allowed).  First stop Rexall Pharmacy.  I read on Smart Canucks that their clearance was really good and they didnt disappoint! A bunch of tubes of Crest were marked down in store to $0.75 and wouldnt you know I had a save $0.75 on any Crest toothpaste coupon....free toothpaste.  What a great start to my night.  Then, I was searching for shaving cream for Game Boy (a.k.a - the husband) and they had Old Spice Moisturizing Shave Cream marked down to $1.47.  I had a coupon for $1.00 off any Old Spice product...$0.47 Shaving Cream.  Nice.  Also Nivea Bar Soap was on sale for $2.99 for two bars and I had a $2.00 off coupon so I was able to get those for $0.99 (or $0.50 per bar).  The lady there was very amuzed with my organization and was right into checking out all the coupon slots and my coupon holders.  Good fun...but she ruined my plan to hit the other Rexall as it was closing in 10 minutes.  Dammit.

I toddled on over to another Shoppers Drug Mart to see what I could procure there.  A few good friends and I had traded coupons on the weekend and I had a great coupon for soup, plus I knew the Advil Nighttime was still on sale.  I couldnt believe my luck.  The Campbells Soup was on sale for $0.59 per can and I had a buy 3 save $1 coupon.  I bought 3 cans of soup for $0.77 or approximately $0.26 per can.  PLUS they had Advil Nighttime, which is on an incredible deal right now.  I had the save $4 on any Advil Nighttime product and the 10 pack was on sale for $2.99 (on the timed special) so that made it free.   I picked up 4 boxes.  :)

My "Change Night" was a raging success.  It totally lifted my spirits!  Maybe I will go back and get some more soup....at $0.26 per can, how can you pass that up?!?!  I love coupons.  Lets hope the wind continues to be generous and blow loads of coupons my way!  I can't wait to see what tomorrow's wind brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment