Friday 20 May 2011

When You Read This...YOU TOO WILL HAVE THE ITCH!

(and if you have the itch...I have a coupon for the ointment).  :)

All joking aside...I executed my first strategically planned and laid out couponing mission.  I have been having garage sales and had enough money to thrill myself with a coupon venture.  The first steps were completed last night.  Going through all coupons, setting aside a pile of multiples for use at London Drugs.  When I finally received my flyers, I was able to finalize my plan and execute it this evening.  That being said I learned vital intel last night that lead me to conclude the time was right....get this.  This whole time I've been thinking that London Drugs only accepts "double" coupons...meaning you could only use two on an item...but I was wrong folks....very wrong....THEY USE MORE!!!  (http://mrsjanuary.com/coupon-policies/london-drugs-canada-coupon-policy.pdf).  If you have coupons that are different but for the same item...(meaning the barcode is different on each coupon but the item is the same) then you can use them all!  I received a very vital coupon in the flyers today which enabled me to attempt this for the first time....and it works!  I didnt even do anything sneaky.  I had all coupons laid out per item.  :)

Here is what I bought (since I didnt think to write down the ACTUAL price, I will approximate):

Motrin IB (100 + 25):  Regular price:  $9.99.  Sale Price: $6.99 less coupon $5.00 http://www.livingwell.ca/english/content/motrin-liquid-gels-60ct-or-72ct-or-tablets-50ct-60ct-100ct-or-150ct?campaign=2905 (This is a printable coupon and it is accepted at London Drugs...you will note it is for liquid gels or tablets!).  Total cost = $1.99

Ziploc Freezer Bags Large:  Regular Price $3.99.  Sale Price: $2.99 less coupon buy 2 save $4 http://www.livingwell.ca/english/content/motrin-liquid-gels-60ct-or-72ct-or-tablets-50ct-60ct-100ct-or-150ct?campaign=2905, double couponed with buy 2 get 2 free found in this weeks Smart Source Flyer = 4 boxes of large Ziploc Freezer bags for $1.98 (or about $0.50 per box).

Colgate 360 Toothbrush  Regular Price $4.99.  Sale Price: $3.99 less THREE coupons (two for $1.00 off (one is in this weeks Smart Source) and one for $1.50 off (from my dentists office).  Total cost: $0.49

Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Gel (the kind that sticks to your bowl for 7 days) Sale Price $4.29 (coupons for buy one, get toilet duck toilet bowl cleaner free and buy one get scrubbing bubbles aerosol for free(both from one of Smart Source (previous version).  So I scored three products from just buying one that was already on sale!

Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Cleaner: Regular Price: $9.99, Sale Price $7.99 less $5.00 coupon from coupon mailing sites = $2.99

Venus Disposable Razors: Regular Price $9.99, Sale Price $6.99 less two coupons (one off mailing site and one that came attached to a magazine called "Rouge" that came once in the flyers).  Total Cost $1.99

Lóreal Total Repair Hair Elixer Regular Price $5.99, Sale Price $4.99 less two coupons (both from previous Smart Source flyers) = $1.49

Fantastik Spray Cleaner $3.69 (not sure if that was regular price or not) less two coupons.  One for $1.00 off and one for buy one get one free...so I got two bottles for $2.69.

Tums:  Regular Price $3.99.  Sale Price: $2.99 less four coupons.  Buy 2 Save 2 (two different ones one from tear pad at grocery store, one from Smart Source), less $0.50 coupon x2 = two bottles of tums for $0.98...or $0.49 per bottle.

Dawn Liquid Dish Soap buy 2 for $3.00.  Less coupon for buy 2 save $1 = $1 each

Colgate Toothpaste - Advanced Total Health - in store special buy one get one free.  Less $1.50 coupon from my dentists office.  $4.29 - $1.50 = $2.79  or around $1.40 per tube (and they are the HUGE tubes!)

Listerine 1L (fancy whitening kind) Regular Price $9.99, Sale Price $5.99 - $3.00 coupon = $2.99

Finish Quantum Fancy Person Dish Detergent 48 Tabs Sale Price $9.99 - three coupons (see below for details) = $3.99

TOTAL COUPON SAVINGS = $62.64!!!!!

I am beginning to see that to get the big savings you will need to be printing coupons as well.  Seems to be the key.  Here is an amazing site full of great printable coupons http://www.mrsjanuary.com/free-canada-printable-coupons/.  I've used a ton from there with no issues at all.

People are starting to comment about couponing and more and more people ask me where I get them and how to do it.  Its great to see something that was once frowned upon becoming more and more acceptable!!!  I can remember when I used to throw them all away...now I see...they are money and I'm lovin it!    Huge thanks to the Mrs. January Site.  What an incredible site!

P.S. - if you havent reviewed your flyers...do so!  You can pair up straight away! If you got a free sample of Quantum there is a $2.00 off coupon on it that you can match with one that is in this weeks smart source flyer and save $4.00 BUT if you have the previous version, you can save $6!!!  Oh...and Brandsaver should be up and running again today!

No comments:

Post a Comment