Wednesday 29 June 2011

Some Deals Worth Mentioning

I meant to mention this earlier, but I happened to be in Walmart earlier in the week and they had a roll back for Dawn liquid dish soap.  $1.00 per bottle.  With $1.00 off when you buy 2 coupon (Brandsaver flyer), they were then $0.50 per bottle.  Definitely stock up time.

I read on a forum that Walmart has Covergirl makeup (some select kinds - mascaras and lip glosses) on sale for $3.97, with the $2.00 off covergirl makeup (also in brandsaver flyer) make up will be $1.97 each.  I say each because if I have some spare change I just may treat myself to new mascara or lip gloss....but there probably won't be much in the spare change department for a long time after getting not one, but two big fattie parking tickets (and this is only my third day on the job).  How does one accumulate so many parking tickets you might ask??  Well, while this has nothing to do with couponing, I am sooooooo happy to tell you my real honest and true feelings on this subject.

Edmonton might be the only city in the world that will put giant piles of wood chips around all the trees in my neighbourhood, but they can't pave the main parking lot at one of the only stations in the south, Century Park.  They expect us to park our cars in a gravel lot like we are parking to head to the county fair, only there is no reward....except muddy shoes.

Because of the ingenious mud-lot parking system the City of Edmonton chooses to use, many people take up more than their fair share of parking spots, leaving none open by 8 am.  Yesterday I parked in a lot where you needed a pass.  I didnt have a pass.  I knew I didnt have a pass.  What I did have was a job to get to and nowhere to park my car.  I received a $75.00 ticket for pulling that manoeuvre.  Today I decided I would try again in the dirt lot.  Much to my shock and amazement (note the oozing sarcasm) there were no spots left by 7:50.  I decided to park at the shopping complex somewhat adjacent to the station. 

I went to work and managed to locate another transit user that goes south.  I asked her where people park at the other south station (Southgate Mall Station).  She said you get ticketed if you park there.  So I ask where people park...the answer...you guessed it...Century Park Station.  Fantastic. 

When I walk to my car in the pouring rain, wouldn't you know it, there was another parking ticket for $75.00 on it.   I am guessing there are no coupons for parking tickets out there...but if there is, let me know!  I tried to research the transit system only everytime I get onto the right page suddenly Internet Explorer cannot display the page. 

Maybe tomorrow I park the car on the sidewalk right in front of the station.  If I'm going to get ticketed anyways, might as well make it count.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment