Friday 24 June 2011

GARAGE SALE MISSION

Being a broke couponer does things to you.  I'm on my last few days of maternity leave.  I'm on my last few dimes and I thought I should do something to cheer myself up.

So I had a garage sale.  Now, I know you are probably asking yourself how the HELL a garage sale cheered me up...but I decided to give myself a mission.  Any money I made from the garage sale (aside from the money my son is earning for selling his old toys because he is saving for a Transformer) would then be used to coupon and I would see what I could do with it.  I hung signs around my neighbourhood with the kids and the dog, but alas...I only made $4.  My spirits were crushed a bit, but I was not detered. 

I already had my price match flyers ready, my coupons pulled and my plan in action.  I was tired but eager to come out of this with a smile on my face and tons of new products!

Here is what I was able to get:

3 bottles of  Dove Men + Care Body Washes (with bonus shampoos on two bottles and a deodorant on one)
3 bottles of Dove Go Fresh Body Washes
2 cans of Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup
2 cans of Campbells Vegetable soup
2 bottles of Dawn liquid dish soap
1 Aveeno Shampoo (with bonus hair product)
1 Aveeno Conditioner
3 trial size bottles St. Ives lotion
1 package Baby Wipes

Total cost ..........drum roll please...........$3.61

SAY WHAAAAAAAT?!?!

I cannot believe what I can turn change into these days.  Although my first day of Operation: Garage Sale was a big fat let down, the end result was GREAT!  I hope tomorrow is an even bigger day!  Maybe I will make $5!!!!  Or maybe even $10!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment