Wednesday 8 June 2011

Excuse me....can I have the money on your porch???

Sorry, its been awhile since I have taken the time to write.  When there is a lapse, generally it is because I have gone off the deep end couponing.  :)

This week the infamous P & G Brandsaver flyer and the Red Plum flyer came out.  I went from being heart broken, to finding a way to get tons of them!!  See those pesky flyers may be the bane of many people's existence, but to me, they are much more.  They are money and right now, they are needed more than anything. 

Most people will be shocked when they read this thinking....Oh...my....gosh....I would NEVER do that.  But when times are tough, you will do what is necessary to survive so I did what any good couponer would do.  I hit the pavement.  Baby and stroller in tow.

Many people would sooner leave their flyers to sog in the rain and winds then even pick them up off their porch AND even though recycle day came and went, many people still have last weeks edition of the flyers on their porches.  Every place I stopped and asked were more than happy to have me take their flyers.  I even found some houses that were vacant that had loads of old flyers.  While not all of them had the precious coupon books I referred to, many of them contained older coupon books with coupons that have not expired yet.  Amazing find.

Maybe you are too proud to ask your neighbours for their old flyers....or too shy...but if you need them, I can tell you first hand most people are more than happy to provide their old flyers to someone who asks, anything to get rid of them and what's their loss is my incredibly huge gain!!!  Thank goodness for flyers, overage and, of course, for coupons! 

No comments:

Post a Comment