Friday 10 June 2011

I need shelves on the double!

Alright.  I have a problem.  Its called...Gimmestuffforfreeatosis.  I cant stop myself.  Today I woke up with one mission and one mission alone.  Go to London Drugs to stack the following coupons:

$2.00 off Huggies from last Smart Source (expired today)
$2.00 off Huggies from new Smart Source
$1.50 off Huggies from new Smart Source.

These diapers are regularly $18.99, but when I handed my boy the Toys R Us flyer earlier this week, a magical thing happened...the Babies R Us flyer drifted out and it caught my eye that they were on sale for $9.97, with the coupons listed above the diapers then became $4.47 per pack.  SCORE!  The perfect Ad Match at London Drugs!

I decided that I would also coupon with my bountiful supply of Tums coupons (courtesy of Red Plum insert, store tear pad display (in Walmart still large black booklet), and a new store tear pad located at a different walmart) I figured I would make it worth my while and get 4 bottles of Tums for free while I was there. 

The new wording on the P & G coupons has London Drugs reviewing all coupons with a fine toothed comb.  I was refused on some coupon stacks due to wording issues, but I am not sure that their interpretation is correct.  Going to go see "my contact" on Sunday and hope to find out if this was just someone going overboard or if that clerk was correct.  If so, I could stand to stack on a few more items like bug spray and Dove products, but I will find out for sure later and keep you in the know!

Nonetheless, the diaper stack worked wonders and I was able to get 3 packages of diapers for less than I would pay for one package normally (prior to couponing). 

I decided to continue on to Walmart to see what deals I could procure. 

Have I introduced you to the concept of overage yet?  I've been so caught up in raising the kids and couponing, that I haven't thought to discuss this yet, for those of you that don't know.  Overage is obtained with the value of the coupon exceeds the price of the item.   (In Canada, the only store that allows overage, to my knowledge, is Walmart.  The rest will either refuse your coupon or adjust the coupon value so it does not exceed the value of the product.)

For instance, Walmart has their Gillette foamy shave foam stuff on for $1.48.  There is a coupon in the P & G brandsaver flyer (getting which sent many people CRAZY) for save $5 when you buy any 3 Gillette products or a gift set under $10.  When you do the math, its $-0.56 per 3 cans.  So not only are you getting them for free, but you are getting paid $0.56 per can....but many people (myself included) discovered the virtues that was the trial sized Gillette foamy which was $1.27 per can....so when you bought 3 cans, it was $-1.19....yes...you were paid $1.19 to buy them.  It was insane.  I used this to buy necessities for my house.  Bread.  Milk.  Etc.

Another great deal is the Iams Cat Food (and Dog Food) - trial size (which is a pretty good sized bag still) which is listed on the shelf at $2.97 but rings in at $1.73.  With the $2.00 off Iams coupon it was free and I was paid $0.27 per bag.  Lets just say the cat won't need food for awhile.  I don't clear shelves though.  Ever.  I HATE being that person that arrives after all the deals are gone and all that is left is the debris of couponers past.  Lately, I have been fortunate to get in on some of these deals.  If you hurry, you can too.  The Brandsaver flyer came in the flyers that arrived at houses last week.  Some people got them in their local paper too (the one that is delivered to your house for free each week).

In edition, Rexall has their Old Spice deodorant on for $1.49, and if you use the $3.00 coupon and buy 2, then it is free as well (don't use the coupon at Rexall though, they will not allow it).  Take their flyer and Ad Match at Walmart (only Walmart since they allow overage).  There is no point driving all over town to get your deals when you can ad match your deals there anyways and it saves you money, gas and time. Apparently Superstore allows ad matching (though I would sooner be hung from my toe nails than attempt this there), London Drugs allows it, as does Walmart.

Now that couponing has helped me through some hard times, I do have large quantities of items and literally no where to put them.  We will not need many items for a long time and since money is so tight, its nice to have a huge amount of diapers (which are costly), toilet paper, razors, shave cream, body wash, paper towels, cleaners, did I mention toilet paper?, snacks, cereals, etc. which were in my "stock pile" to fall back on.  I know...I know.  I am my own worst enemy.  I need shelves immediately or my house will start looking like I am a hoarder.  I am thinking I may attempt to donate a large amount of this shaving cream...plus they make great stocking stuffers :).

One more great deal....Sobey's has their 8 pack of Dove bar soap on for $1.  Some think this is an error.  Not sure on that one...but that's an incredible price, coupon or not (though there are coupons out there!).

PS - Green Works cleaner is on for $1.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart.  Use the $1.50 off coupon from websaver or brandsaver (I forget which) and get some for $0.49!

PPS - Tres Semme Shampoo and conditioner is on sale for $2.99 at Rexall (3 days only), with the $1.00 off tear pad it is only $1.99 (normally is $5.99 or more).  Great deal!!
Happy Shopping Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment