Thursday 23 June 2011

Back to Work Blues

Well, its the end of my maternity leave, probably the end of late night couponing....well....maybe not.

In an attempt to cheer myself up today, I went on two coupon trades.  Knowing Adidas products were coming on sale at Walmart, I put a call out on the local board on Smart Canucks to see if anyone was interested in trading for some.  I was able to get 14 of them!  So happy!  Then, I was able to meet someone who gave me the tear pads needed to complete another stack! 

I stopped at my local Shoppers Drug Mart and located Fibre Plus cereal on clearance for $1.99, with the 100 cents off coupon (yes..that's what it says!!) it was then $0.99!  AND they had Fibre One cereal with a $5 coupon for frozen yogurt, ice cream or cones on the box and the cereal was marked down to $1.99 as well!  SCORE!

On the way home I was so happy I created a plan to shop later.  After supper I took the girl and went to London Drugs with price match FEVER!  Here is what I got:

2 bottles of Purex Laundry Detergent
2 bottles of Lysol 4 in 1 cleaner
4 tubes of Arm & Hammer toothpaste (various types)
5 tubes of Crest toothpaste (various types)

Total cost:  $7.14 (this is less than the cost of ONE of the laundry detergents at regular price without tax!!!)

I was very pleased!  So I decided to stroll over to Walmart to scan their products that I knew were coming on sale in this weeks flyer.  YAY!  Price updates!  That meant the Adidas deodorant was now $0.27 with the $2 off coupon I traded for!

I bought 5 Adidas deodorants and 3 gillette shave foam for a total cost of $0.92.  I felt renewed. 

After returning home and getting the small folks to bed, I decided to venture back out for some much needed mommy coupon alone time. No one following me screaming.  No one spazzing out.  No one insisting I stand in the toy section while they point out every Transformer on the planet and what their names are. 

I went to a different Walmart which had a HUGE stock of Adidas deodorants, so I got to use up the rest of my coupons...and not even come close to clearing the shelf!  I checked the ice cream, but none worthy of my $5 off ice cream coupon.

Then, I went to Save-On Foods and located new tear pad coupons for Save $5 on any 5 kraft products and $0.75 off Post Cereals...then I hit pay dirt.  Dark Chocolate Cherry frozen yogurt.  Regular $7.99.  On sale for $5.  With my $5 coupon (from cereal box) it was free.  I walked out of Save-On with lots of new coupons and some delicious frozen yogurt and didnt pay a penny.

I think I will get a bowl of the frozen yogurt right now and ease the back to work blues!!

No comments:

Post a Comment